Friday, 20 January 2017

Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Clare I'm based in Birmingham, UK, and I'm a freelance fashion designer, pattern cutter, manufacturer and illustrator. I'm setting this blog up to show case my work past and present, and to document how my freelancing profession goes, so this blog will be part portfolio and part diary.

A little about me


Born and bred in Birmingham I studied art and fashion at Walsall college before heading to study fashion design at UCA (University of the Creative Arts) Rochester, Kent. I graduated with a 2:1 degree in 2009.
For the last 10 years I have worked diversely throughout the fashion industry gaining skills and expertise across all elements of fashion, ranging from haute couture design studios, to restoration of vintage clothing. Pattern cutting menswear, womenswear and childrenswear, to manufacturing wholesale orders within a factory environment. Also photographic styling, freelance fashion illustration to retail and visual merchandising. I am a multi versatile professional who's main attributes are my creativity, meticulous eye for detail and strive for perfection and high quality.

Fun facts


I'm a veggie/vegan and adore all animals. Show me a picture of a cat and I'll swoon.
I collect vintage wear and accessories.
I'm addicted to watching TV shows such as Game of Thrones and Vikings.



Thanks for visiting the Clare and the Bear blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment